- handy tips and recipes -
Proudly owned by Peter and Robyn Robertson
Recipe: Breath-Sweetening Biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and mix to combine.
3. While the processor is going, add the shortening a few pieces at a time and process until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
4. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl, add the buttermilk, and mix by hand until combined.
5. Mix in the honey and parsley.
6. Divide the mixture into 24 pieces, flatten them, and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Place the sheet in the oven and bake until golden brown (approximately 12 - 15 minutes.)
8. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Handy Tip: Dogs generally prefer the the more flavourful Italian flat-leaf parsley to the more ubiquitous curly, which while milder is also more bitter. Slightly tangy and peppery, it is known as a breath freshener.
Recipe from "Throw Me a Bone" by Sally Sampson, 2003. Published by Simon & Schuster.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.